|Start Time Stakeholder Survey|
The AACPS School Start Times Task Force accepted public input and comments on the four start time options provided to the Board through November 30, 2014. Through this feedback, the Task Force asked Stakeholders (Parents, Students, AACPS Employees, Community Members, and “Other”) to indicate their preferred start time option(s) from the following six choices:
- Option A: High schools begin at 8:30AM; middle schools begin at 9:30AM; and elementary schools begin between 7:50AM and 9:15AM.
- Option B: High schools begin at 9:15AM; middle schools begin between 8:20-8:30AM (with one middle school beginning at 9:00AM); and elementary schools begin between 7:40AM and 9:15AM.
- Option C: All schools shift 30 minutes later than current start times.
- Option D: All schools shift 30 minutes later than current start times with a late-start hybrid learning option for some high school students.
- I want later school start times, but none of these options are acceptable.
- I do not want to change school start times.
The Task Force accepted public input through November 30, 2014 and received 2,136 responses. To see the results of this survey, click here.